Info on nursing blankets?And is there an online store to buy one?

I never had one and would like to get one this time around. I have no idea what they actually look like and would like to see one online if possible.
When I've used regular blankets to cover up in the past, they would fall off and I'd be exposed (briefly) which was fine at home but embarressing to me in public.
Do the nursing blankets have like velcro or snaps or something to hold it on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend that makes some. Here is a link to her page on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/pages/Timeout-Treasures-by-Tasha/370666559344?ref=ts

These are great! You can see baby and it has a little piece of towel material sewn in so you can wipe baby's mouth. :)
    cbx3mom

Answer by cbx3mom at 11:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• you can find them anywhere, babies r us, target etc

yep, they have a snap or velcro
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My SIL made a couple for me that velcro'ed around the neck, but I've never seen any in stores. I didn't really like the ones she made - it was just too much trouble to get them "adjusted" and I always just used an oversized blanket anyway.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Uddercovers seems to always have a deal that you can get a cover free, just pay shipping. Shipping is about $10 which in my opinion is all the cover is worth, but it's probably cheaper than you will find in a store. So if you want one go to uddercovers.com and put in the code 1FREE when you check out.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My MIL made me two. Basically it's just a piece of cotton material with a strap that goes around your neck so it can't come off. Then it has a little bit of boning in it so you can see your baby while you're nursing. I've seen them at Babies R Us and Target. You can also get them online. Just google nursing covers.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have one from udder covers (attractive, I know) and I love it. It's very lightweight cotton and they have some very pretty patterns. they have a website, just google "udder covers"
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2010