Do you prefer male or female OB's?

Just curious. I, myself, can't stand male OB's. It just makes me really uncomfortable. How about you?

Sacheen.T.

Asked by Sacheen.T. at 10:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love my male ob.He used the gel stuff the office laughs because he is the only one that lubes up equipment.SOO IMO I prefer the male lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• At first I felt the same way. But there was one male OB in the practice I go to and I had to see him because who ever is on call when you go into labor delivers your baby and they wanted to make sure each doctor had met with each patient at least once. He actually ended up being my favorite doctor and ended up being on call when my daughter was born. After she was born my OB moved and I had to get a new one, so I now see him. He's a little bit of a creepy looking old man, but he is by far a much better doctor than the two women that I had.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• my ob is male and i'll be so sad when he retires....he's been in practice for over 25 years so i'm very comfortable with him and he's nice & don't make you feel weird
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• it really doesn't matter to me if i have a male or female as long there are doing there job right is all that matters to me.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Personality matters more to me than male/female. My first 3 were all delivered by male OBs and I liked it that way. With my 4th I had a female and found I really liked her, so I'm using her for my 5th as well.

Answer by missanc at 11:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have had both so I do not really mind either way. As a teenager I had a female Ob and she was really nice but after I got pregnant with my first I had a male Ob who actually delievered me. I figure both sexes of Ob's see all there is to see several times a day so what does it really matter as long as your comfortable.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I go to an office with two doctors - one male, one female - and three midwives - all female. I have refused to see the male doctor on may occasions... but mostly because I would prefer to see a midwife instead. I am SO much more comfortable with my midwife than either of the doctors.. so if I had a male midwife, I might be ok with that... LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I used to be the same way. I had a women OB for my first baby and I always thought it would be uncomfortable to have a male OB. But now im pregnant with baby number 2 and I had no choice but to choose from two male OB's. And im actually really happy with who I picked even though hes a male lol I probably even like him more then my first female OB.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I perfer female... My Ob/GYN was fabulous.... she made me feel really comfortable
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Female. I don't believe a male OB/GYN can possibly understand what women feel when it comes to pregnancy, pms, hormone fluctuations, etc.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 11:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2010