Kids are grown and gone, what do I do now? SAHM's

Ever wonder what you will do when your kids are grown and gone? Well thats me right now. No jobs around and I really dont want to take a job from someone who needs it to support their family. So now what???? Thoughts????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• shop, gym, run, yard work (planting flowers), volunteering, church volunteering...
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 10:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Volunteer for a favorite charity or church, take some classes, go back to school, take a road trip, Read, get in shape, the sky is the limit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Volunteer somewhere. My sister in law used to volunteer at children's hospital, it kept her busy. Or take up a hobby.
    Anonymous

• Volunteer! There are tons of great organizations out there that can use some help. My mom used to volunteer in the elementary schools when we were in college, helping little kids that needed a little extra push in reading - she doesn't have a degree, they just needed someone to listen to them read.
    I always plan to stay at home. My mom still stays at home, even though all 5 of us kids are now in our 30s. She helps us with our kids, and cares for her MIL and aging sister.

Answer by missanc at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Throw a party! Where do ya live? I'll come! lol
    I've always imagined what it would be like to not have any kids in the home and I get sad just thinking about it. Thats why I always tell my son he has to live with me till he's 45,LOL.
    But seriously, when that time comes I hope I'm not too sad and that I find things for myself to look forward to. New hobbies, car trips,cruises,starting my own dream business,buying a motorcycle and joining a ladies motorcycle club and going on road trips with the girls....HAVE FUN!! What do YOU want to do? What have you always wanted to do but put aside because you didn't have time for? Find yourself. Have a make over. Enjoy life! Hope you get to do all you want to do! Take Care and Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• There is lots of jobs that you can do just in your own time, jobs that you can depend on you for. Check them out click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• celebrate comes to mind! LOL The options are what you set as your limits, One huge option you have now, is to become their friend as well as their parent. If you do not need the money, volunteering is the way to go and feel blessed that you have that option. Again, you will be inspiring your kids with a way for them to follow in their later years. Ya gotta look at this as opportunity GF. Get out of the box and make a difference for others and for you. Godspeed!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• take a cruise and travel thats what i'm gonna do when my kids leave.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• You could sell Scentsy.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• LOL! No. For me that lasted about a month. Then I thought, what the heck am I doing? I am finally FREE!!! So, I do merchandising work and eBay and travel with my husband! I do not miss the extra wash, the cooking, the cleaning. I get my nails done, my hair done, tan, go where I want, when I want! If I want to see my kids, they are 5 minutes away. That's great with me!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010