Mr. Know it all

Ok so I'm a SAHM, and even when my bf is home I still do everything for my son. (he has changed maybe 5 diapers and my son is 10 months.) Anyways I just recently got my son to sleep in his crib and he is doing great. but his father will yell at me when I go to put him in the crib or let him cry in the crib for 5 minutes. He woke me up at 4 am this morning because my son "moved and was up", granted he wasn't crying, and put him in bed. (bf and I don't sleep in the same bed) He is always telling me how to raise my son and he only sees his son 3 hrs a day. I'm a great mother and know it, how the hell do I get him to stop (I've tried talking to him and all that) I'm about to snap on him, he bitches about having to take care of him but then tries to tell me how to raise our son

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't change his behavior...only he can.....you can talk to him about how his criticism makes you feel......I have a feeling he is just trying to figure out how to be a good dad...have him help more, and ask him to not complain about helping because that doesn't set a good example for his son...good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• tell him if he wants his son watched a certain way than he needs to get off his ass and do it himself. and the whole him not helping out with the kids thing needs to change QUICK! i was going through the same thing and i told my husband ....i do everything by myself for this child so i might as well just leave with my dd and be a single mother. Hell i feel like im already doing it. I guess you could say i threatened him. but if he wasnt willing to help me out with our dd than he should get use to seeing her every other wknd
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 11:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Did you discuss who was to do what with the child before you had a child with a guy like that? If not, it doesn't make sense to complain about it now. Just talk with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Honestly, if talking calmly didn't work then I would say it with a little more force. I don't stand for people telling me how to raise my children, even from my husband. He and I differ on raising our children in some aspects and will talk about it. But if he were to follow me around and dictate to me how to raise them I wouldn't stand for it. I respect his views, I do, and I like to know what he thinks could be better or changed. However, there's a way of going about it that allows change and there's a way that involves me telling him to "Shut the hell up". The way your boyfriend is behaving is the latter of the two.

Let him know that since you are the soul provider and caregiver for that child that you know what is best for him. Because you do. You raise him. If he participated more, or was around more he would have more say in what works for the child. Be more firm. Tell him to back off.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What's taking you so long to snap? If he's constantly putting you down its time for him to get a taste of what you have to say to him. Sometimes, with certain people, you have to explain yourself clearly to them in order to for them to get the point. And its that time to get your bf to understand your position as a mother...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010