Before, During and After

How much weight did you gain while you were pregnant and how much did you lose after you gave birth? How long did it take and what did you do to lose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• With my son I gained 60 lbs. I lost 20 just giving birth to him. I maintained the rest of the weight until I became pregnant with my daughter when my son was four months old. I gained 30 lbs with her roughly and then lost 20 of that giving birth to her. Then I lost another 20 by eating right and working out. She is now five months old. It took me roughly two months to lose that 20 lbs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I've had 4 pregnancies. I gained
    1 - 20 lbs
    2 - 16 lbs
    3 - 17 lbs
    4 - 22 lbs
    5 - at 28 weeks I have gained 5 lbs

with all of them I lost the weight within a couple of months. My body took a little bit longer to get back to the shape it was in before, but I just walked them in strollers (a lot), did some push ups/pull ups/crunches (when I was cleared for exercise), and the weight dropped off. I was breastfeeding and found that when I breastfeed I can eat just about whatever I want and not gain.

Answer by missanc at 11:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2010