Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Social security ?'s

How do I put my SSD check into my own name? I counted on my Payee and now he has complete controll over everything. My bills, My personal needs, everything. I told him I needed some personal money and he had the gall to make me list everything I needed and he'd pick it up. Jezze. I needed Pepr. H suppositorie, Tampon, pads, Corn pads and Facial hair remover. To top it off he says to me "o you really need all that?".
Is there anything I can do without having a stranger take over as a Payee?

Answer Question

Asked by MamasTooOld at 11:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 4 (28 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Is he your guardian?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • do you have a son or daughter who can? or is that who you have now? i wish i could help you but the only thing i can come up with is get another family member or have a lawyer give you advice good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • Is he accounting for all your money? As payee he has to make an idemized list of what it is spent on and it ALL has to be spent on you. If he is taking any of it you can turn him in for fruad. Not one cent can be spent on anyone but you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • No. He's not my child, he is my s.o.,
    No. to gardian. I am 45.
    No. He will not let me touch the money.
    No. I tryed my daughter once. it gave her more athorioty than i was comfortable with.

    Answer by MamasTooOld at 12:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • If SS considers you competent to take care of your own money then just go talk to them and make the arrangements. Why do you even have a payee?


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.