How long does a fever hang around?

Tuesday morning my dd woke up with a fever of 102. So I kept her from school but by noon time she was being her regular self (?) I was giving her Tylenol & Motrin anyway by the evening time she had fever again... WTF?...101. so this morning she still has fever so I keep her home from school again:( fever stat red to kind of go away my dd was on her bed watching tv then she turned it off only to hear her singing as happy she could be (I was doing housework but I could here her) then it was quiet so I go in there to check on her she is sleeping I woke her up to check her temp. She had a 101. so what is going on?
my dh is coming home to take her to the doctor. Thank you ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oh I hear ya! lol my son has gone through the same thing and doc says it's a virus and it just has to take it's corse....
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 2:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• sorry btw doc said it could take up to 10 to 12 days to clear but it might be less! gl
    randilinn

• the tylenol and motrin might stop the body from having a fever, but does nothing for the cause of the fever itself. i would stop the medication, and let her body heal itself naturally. it might be quicker!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• depends on what is going on with her. Fevers can last quite a while depending on the problem.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2010