Anyone ever try ProActive?

I see the commercials for this stuff all of the time, but I don't know anyone personally who has ever tried it. I never had acne problems as a teenager but now in my mid twenties I am starting to look like i'm hitting puberty lol If you have tried it, please tell me how it worked for you. Also, does anyone know if this would also help with black heads, or is it strictly acne?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have and it did work, it kinda dries ur skin up a bit because i used it everyday, i went down to every other day and it was great. Hope i helped!
    arone

Answer by arone at 11:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It worked very well for my acne but its to expensive. When you call they enroll in this dumb club and ship you new bottles of it and charge you for them.
    mommyofJames512

Answer by mommyofJames512 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I didn't like it! Same issues as you no acne until after my first kiddo @ 23. However something that I absolutely love and it works like a charm is MARK its part of Avon~ the "thats deep cleanser" with the "go with the grain" exfoliator and "matte chance" lotion awesome!~ And way cheaper!!
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• it didnt work for me. i use a product called clenziderm that works great. 100%
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have tried it and yes it worked for my mild acne issue. I have nothing negative to say about the product.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'd be careful if you have very sensitive skin. My sister does and she tried the ProActive and it burned the hell out of her face. She looked like a lobster and was peeling like she had a sunburn.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 2:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I used it for years and loved it! I hadnt found a product that could clear up my acne, and when I was much younger I had a lot of acne. Within a couple weeks of using I had no acne. When you get the kit it comes with the cleaner, a toner and a moisturizer. I was just using the cleanser and then my face started drying out so then I started using the other stuff too and it worked great. I have a little bit left and when ever I start to break out I use it and it clears up pretty quick. I havent bought it this way, but in our mall their is a vending machine for it and you can buy the kit or just the individual products. My thought was I had wasted so much money on other stuff that if I would have just bought the kit to begin with I would have saved a lot of money on the other products that didnt work. Once the acne clears up just use like once or twice a week.
    amy068

Answer by amy068 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I have 2 different sides of the same story. A good friend of mine tried it and it worked awsome for her but it was draining her account so she stopped. She said that it was like her skin was addicted to it because it seems like she gets worse breakouts when she stops using it. Now the second part is that that when I tried it I didnt get any results other than dry skin which they claim shouldnt happen with this product. If you've tried everything else it may be worth giving it a chance because youll never know if you dont.
    tam84

Answer by tam84 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• my niece tried it and it didn't do her any good. but try staying away from milk choc. and real cinnnamon with honey from a bee farm. i hear this works wonders.
    Anonymous

• oh you mix the cinnamin and honey with some water and smear it on your face.
    Anonymous