Anyone been investigated by CPS over a crank call?

Someone called CPS on me making up a ridculously untrue story about me abusing my DS. CPS now has to call friedns and family for references and I just feel so angry and betrayed and I feel I can't trust anyone. Why would somebody call and make up a story? If they reported something legit and something to really be concerned about I would understand but it's just so crazy to me that someone would make up an entire story, down to things I was threatening my child with that I have never said in my life. How can I move past this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• the thing is CPS doesn't know if it is real, so they have to investigate.. everything
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Op: I know you are right, it's just so crazy to me that there are kids that are really in trouble out there and someone can just call and make up a story and it wastes everyone's time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• it's funny how they investigate every call, but they never actually help the children who are actually abused until it's too late. someone call CPS and said i wasn't feeding my kids. the case worked showed up and laughed about it. i didn't find it the least bit funny, because all 3 of my kids were above the 75th percentile in height and weight. i didn't even let her see my children. i told her if she wanted information about my children, she would need to obtain a court order. i don't let strangers in my house. i never heard another word about it. even if you have nothing to hide, you don't have to deal with those people.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2010