Is running a couple miles a day a good way to burn body fat?

I have been running 2-3 miles a day. Will this help me lose my stomach and love handles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• yes. i am doing the same thing but i am walking, garding, watching my food intake and taking diet supplements. i have lost 2.5 inches since i last measured. keep up the good work and hang in there. there will be times when you want to quit but just dig a little deeper and you can do it!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes, keep it up girl!!!!! awesome!!!!

Answer by older at 12:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• as long as you dont think you can inhale more food intake since you've been doing it cause it dont work that way
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes as long as you watch what you are eating too, it's just as important. You could run all day and if you eat a lot of junk and a lot of calories you will not see a difference.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• OP HERE:

Thanks everyone! I have already lost 25 lbs from just eating less and moving MORE. Way more lol.
    I am a very active person but I needed to lose 20 more pounds, and since I have a new treadmill I can finally run indoors (I am large chested) So I don't like running outdoors! I look at it as this.

I quit smoking, I can stop my bad eating habits. I love running, it makes me feel like a kid again!! I can't wait to finally shed off the rest of my weight!! I am so happy that just watching my diet and running will definitely get these love handles and belly bulge off of me!! Thanks you guys!
    Anonymous

• Of course! It's great for your body, inside and out! Way to go!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Congratulations on your changes, that's awesome! I just wanted to add that I too have lost a lot of weight (about 60 lbs) and the last 20 can be very difficult. You may want to look into interval training as it's very effective at not only burning fat, but really increasing endurance and cardiovascular benefits. I have some workout DVDs that are interval training, but you can also do it with running, if that's what you prefer, by taking a timer with you. Good luck, and again, Kudos on your progress!

intervaltraining.net

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I wanted to say that I too am a treadmill runner(have been for more than a year now)Used to weigh 275 now am at 130..still have 5-10 more pounds to go.I run at least 3-5 miles a day and love it.I plan on running outside here soon.I feel so much better since shedding this weight!
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OP HERE: Thanks for sharing that information FitMom 9603 I am only 5'1 and I have had 2 children. I have never been able to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight after my 1st or 2nd. I said enough was enough. I was weighing 178, and as of right now I am at 155. I am trying to get down to 130. I would be happy at that. If and when I get down to that weight I will see how it feels! Did you do any other exercises? I am just so concerened that all of my extra stomach fat isn't going to go away by just running.

Anonymous