Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get a boarder of wall paper off my wall?

There is a wall paper boarder in my bathroom , and I want it to come off. It looks like who ever did it, painted the walls and then put it up, and there is some sort of glue behind it (the corners are already coming up). Is there a way I can take this off with out having to repaint the whole bathroom?

Answer Question

Asked by D.Tetz at 12:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • There is a spray called DIF takes it off like a charm. Comes in a blue spray gel or a red spray.

    Answer by shamillionaire at 12:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • Not sure because I havent tried it but a painter once told me to put fabric softener on it and let it it! =)

    Answer by just1forme at 12:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • Get a spray bottle. Fill it with 3/4 vinegar and 1/4 hot water.
    Spray the heck out of it. Peel as much as you can off with your fingers.
    Spray again, saturate the glue and/paper.
    Use a plastic scraper (even a credit card or a plastic spatula will do) to get the glue off.

    Answer by mrsderekjeter at 1:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • do you have a steamer for clothes (gets the wrinkles out) if so steamers get if off really easily.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 1:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • Mix some liquid fabric softener half and half with warm water and put in a spray bottle. Score the border paper (you can use a tool designed for this, a fork, or whatever) and spray the paper with the mix. Let it soak under and it will make the border peel right off.

    Answer by scout_mom at 1:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

  • I also used Diff, its reallly cheap under $5 and it worked.

    Answer by tae07 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.