What if you don't know what to believe because you've done all the research, but still feel like you are going to hell for rejecting certain beliefs even though evidence points to the fact that that beliefe may not be true?

I don't know what to believe plain and simple. I've done tons of research and here's the deal...nobody knows for sure! ahhhh. It's frustrating. I do beleive in God, but the rest is kind of...a blur. Is witch craft really bad? Are there really demons? Is there reincarnation? What about angels? Was the bible misinterpreted? Why are books of the bible left out? Can it be trusted? I can think of about a million questions! The more I seek and get the truth, the more I see that religions are just based on your own conclusions and interpretations. I pray to God everyday and I believe he hears me and answers my prayers. I believe in being thankful and kharma, but Like I said the rest is totally fuzzy like I have no idea! I don't want to burn in hell, but I don't want to follow something that's not true either! Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• When you have all those questions and more seem to come up everyday, it is time to just be satisfied in beleiving in God and not man made religion.

Answer by older at 12:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If you still believe, and think you have to believe due to some consequences that you have been influenced to think are real, then you haven't finished researching.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 12:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• you believe in what you want to believe in and how you want to believe in it...you dont believe what others tell you or what others tell you in how it is. Just because one person believes in Hell doesnt mean we all believe in Hell in the same religion.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i have done the same thing and the conculsion i have come to is that i am agnostic. simply meaning that i dont know therfore i dont believe. its hard for me to believe in an religion because of all the research i have done. there have been hundreds of different religions that have come and gone throughout human history, which says to me that religion is man made and not a force beyond our control.
    Anonymous

• The good news is not hell. You will be pleasantly surprised that the Good News is ever lasting life. Which we only have a chance at because of the sacrifice or our creators son the Messiah. Do not let anyone tell you that you are going to hell. The book itself explains we all must each be convinced in our own minds. Keep reaching to Yahweh and ask HIM to guide you. If you lean on anyone else understanding you may find yourself more confused than when you first started out. Do not worry about hell strive for the promise of a New Heaven and New earth. Which everything is back to the way it was originally planned by our loving Father in heaven. No more pain, and suffering, and no more death. Sin is gone and forgotten and everything and everyone bad long forgotten. If you have questions I will gladly give you scripts and share what Yahweh has taught me. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i accept the fact that god, afterlife, angels, demons, sprits, etc are beyond human comprehension. that isnt for us to understand. i look at where every major religion overlaps and there is see the truth. most believe in a golden rule. most think we are put here to serve a purpose. i believe in god and think god is love, all and any love = god.. if you are worried about not following dogma think about this. a good priest vs a buddist monk. both excelent people. both follow their beliefs and serve god. are either of them going to hell for following the wrong religion? i really really hope not... there is no right religion. religion was created by man. i think all you need to do is be the best person you can... and if you believe in god show respect for the higher powers.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• You can always dig deeper. There is always more you can learn. Look into hell - study and see what conclusions you come to after learning more about the belief of hell and its history, etc. You may come to find you reject it just as much as other beliefs....

The important thing is that you needn't believe anything unless it truly resonates with you. You don't have to fit in a certain religious box in order to be "saved". Spirituality is very personal, and its more important to work out a faith that works for you than it is to follow merely because you are scared. You will find, whenever you feel more certain about things, that faith can be so much more than guilt and fear. Its so much more freeing to go with what truly convicts you than to let the standards of others determine how you believe.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My advice - stop looking for answers outside your own heart. That's the only place you will ever find real answers! Search yourself, discover what answers YOU already have... What beliefs YOU already have... And go with it. My beliefs are very eclectic and don't discount any religion or belief system... You sound like you have a similar all inclusive idea of life and religion... The answers are always in your heart - not in any amount of research...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I could have almost written what you did. I asked a lot of those same questions and many, many more, and the more I researched, the more I doubted. Now I'm agnostic. But that isn't to say I don't believe there is some sort of God, because I do still believe, but I also believe that the certain truth is unattainable and unknowable, hence agnostic. When I left the label of Christianity not too long ago, the most difficult part was letting go of the fear of damnation. Once I did, I felt freedom and peace. Now, I'm not telling you what you should or should not believe. I think you should follow your heart and continue to pray about it.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• You all need to stop preaching to her!! (you know who you are!)

Honey, believe what's in YOUR heart, not what others tell you should be there!!

Anonymous