how many people will refuse to get insurance when the time comes?

I'm so set againest the Obamacare that right now i don't care if i do get a fine every year. I"m not going to let the Government rule my life. Personally I think they are over stepping the line here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• for me to have insurance it would cost just for me and my kids to see the doctor once a year and with possible meds $14,000 a year, that's just one doctors visit each with insurance. without insurance it would cost us with possible meds about $2,000 a year for one doctors visit. Plus on adverage we don't see the doctors hardly even once a year.

as for vaccines i don't agree with that either because i don't think anyone should have to right to tell me i have to inject poisons in my kids and def. not when they have no immune system. sorry i don't want my kids injectioned with fetal cell, or animal parts, if you do that's fine. but chicken pox has never killed a child, but it's dangerous for a adult. think about that when your child is 12 and no longer immune to it.

if you don't want to pay car insurance you don't have to drive a car. i know plently of people that don't own a car because they don't want to pay it
    Anonymous

• I think ERs or anyone else for that matter should be able to deny treatment to people who show up without insurance.

Anonymous

• No. I already have insurance, but even if I didn't, that'd be a stupid route to go. So you try to prove a point, and you end up paying lots of money in fines to the very people you're trying to "teach a lesson". Smart move.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Communistic anonymous and illogical.Nobody has to have health insurance and plenty of people pay cash to see their doctors and it costs them less then it would be to pay insurance premiums.OP you're right it is crossing the line.I think there will be alot of people who refuse especially considering rates have already been increasing.
    Anonymous

• We have company provided insurance. Although the quality of the plan will decrease thanks to the "cadillac tax". So much for "If you're happy with your plan you can keep your plan"
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• For alot of the younger Americans it does not make sense to pay those premiums and they can (if they wanted) purchase limited coverage that suits them or pay cash.Since this bill was bribed through they will now have no choice but to purchase policies the government says they have to.
    Anonymous

• Sure.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Let me rephrase that for the simple-minded among us--ERs or anyone else for that matter should be able to deny treatment to people who show up without insurance who otherwise cannot pay upfront or who cannot or do not subscribeto some other agreed upon payment plan with the service provider at the time of treatment. Now look up the definition of communism and tell me that this scenario is synonymous with said definition. Yeah, didn't think so...

Anonymous

• So you misrepresent your pov and then turn around and act all superior as you make your real pov which sounds a whole lot different and saner.I have no objections at all to that.Your first post did not sound anything at all like that one.Your first post just said anyone without insurance should be denied care meaning no acceptions,unlike your second one.So you might want to take some responsibility instead of insulting others intelligence.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I should have worded it better. You are right.

Anonymous