Well, I told the boyfriend now who next.

I told my boyfriend I was pregnant and he flipped out and made me take another test. It was still positive sooo... Anyway. He cooled of after a while and wanted to know what I was gonna do about it. I told him I was kinda considering abortion but leaning towards keeping it but adoption wasn't ruled out either. So basically I have no freakin clue. He doesn't know either so we plan on telling his mom tonight. Should I tel my parents at the same time? I am so scared. It might be better to tell them at the same time but maybe it will be worse. I am so nervous I could barf.

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 12:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can be nerve racking telling your parents something like this, but my suggestion would to tell them all at the same time speaking from personal expierence
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• think things through first. if i was going ot get an abortion i wouldnt tell anyone in my family. if i chose adoption i think i would wait a little while.
    Anonymous

• I'm 16 I can get an abortion without consent but they do have to notify my parents they would still find out.
    ClaireWithChild

Answer by ClaireWithChild at 12:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• well yea that's true too, if you are considering abortion i would deff not tell anyone in your family i wouldn't do that either but if your considering adoption i would still tell them
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• being that your only 16 i would deff talk to your parents to help you make the decision but just make sure that you don't do anyting you won't regret
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would tell only your parents and only after id made a final decision
    Anonymous

• I'm trying to think things through but I need help. I can't decide until I know how they are going to react.
    ClaireWithChild

Answer by ClaireWithChild at 12:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If my 16yr old daughter came to me and told me she was preggo i would be upset but i would help her through in deciding what she thought was best for her child.
    Anonymous

• I think all parents should know at the same time. If you want to keep it, they may upset but they will come around and as your parents they should give you the support you need. Having a child young is not the end of the world, of course it's hard but it is hard for anyone. I'm anti-abortion but if that is what you decide you must know that is something you have to live with for the rest of your life. I know a woman who had an abortion young and still has guilt to this day. But it is your choice. I think adoption is a great idea if that is what you choose. There are so many woman unable to have children and to have a child is such a blessing to them.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I think the sooner the better as far as telling you parents, for one it gets the weight off your shoulders so you don't have it hanging over your head. Secondly, they can help offer you advise and counsel. Obviously your parents are very close to the situation as well so their emotions will play into the advice they give you, but hopefully they will support whichever option you choose. I highly recommend seeking some outside counseling, is there a Planned Parenthood or other type of women's clinic in your area that can help you go over all of your options and weigh the affects of the outcome on your life? Talking to someone who has helped people thru this before and who isn't so closely involved in the situation could really offer you some good perspectives and things to think about, along with lots of good information to make sure whatever you choose is the best option for you. Good luck to you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010