I don't know what I want or how to figure it out

How do I decide if I want an abortion or keep it or adoption. How do you pick? they all sound horrible! I don't want to kill it really. I don't want to keep it really. I don't want to have it and then give it away... How do I choose what is best? How do I know?

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 12:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would definitely give it up for adoption. abortion is NEVER the answer.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i have 2 causins who gave thier babies up for adoption.....my cousin mandie is actually auntie mandie to her own twins! my cousin kim has nothing to do with her baby. however they both hand picked thier babies parents. they chose open adoption which gives them the right to be a part of the babies lives if they choose. mandie sees her babies once a month and they are 3 now and they know(may not understand) that she gave birth to them but their adopted parents are their parents. abortion is not as bad as all that anyway. when you look at how overpopulated the world is and how many kids are sitting in foster cvare because people keep giving new babies to be adopted....who wants a 10 year old when there is a beautiful newborn baby waiting for a parent. if i knew i didnt want the baby from the moment i discovered that i was pregnant i would choose abortion simply because it would give one of those 10 year olds a chance.

Anonymous

• If I were in your shoes I would want a family member to adopt my baby or a close family friend. That way I would be able to see my child once in a while and wouldn't have to worry about how his or her life was turning out.
    Do you already have kids? You know that once the baby is born you love it like crazy and couldn't imagine live without it.

GL
    Anonymous

• YOu need to consider how much support you will have in any of those situations. weigh your options good vs. bad. None of them you can do alone. It nice to have people here to help but in reality you need help from the people you are closest to. Mom, Dad, Aunts, uncles, best friends... You need a confidant. Find you allies and figure it out together.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Abortion is not the right way to go....are you more afraid to tell your parents and how they will act or what....if your parents were supportive or even happy would that change how you felt about it would you want the chlid if you had somewhere to go or support? If you want to keep this child deep down and your just scared there are people out there that will help you
    Anonymous

• My BFF can tell you abortion is a whole lot of pain. At your age I know keeping it is going to be hard, but on the other hand I have yet to see grandparents to be who didn't want anything to do with their grandchild. Doesn't mean they aren't out there just that I personally have never seen it. Baby daddy should have used a condom then he wouldn't need to be freaking out. At any rate HIS parents may want to see their grandchild or even raise it should you decide to go that route. The thing is you won't know until they know. And of course allow them time to have it fully sink in. My personal opinion is you would be killing an innocent should you go abortion. I am a strong believer in the harm none faction of life. I'd keep it myself. After all I know it is a risk of having sex and I am ready for the consequences of my actions. This is something you should have known too. Do the responsible thing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• While, you need to be comfortable with your decision, there is no answer that is going to make you happy. It might be time to start thinking about what is best for the baby. If there was a way to take it back and have it not happen, I'm sure you wouldn't be asking on here. Just try to figure out what your heart tells you is best, even though nothing will be perfect. Good luck. This is a tough one.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I went to Planned Parenthood for an abortion; after paying and meeting with the counselor, I left pregant and ready to stay with my husband and have a family. I was almost twice your age, but I can tell you that Planned Parenthood has fantastic resources available, no matter what your choice.

As the mother of a 14 year old, I would urge you to finish your young-adult hood: go to college, backpack through Europe, have a career, break some hearts, find out who you really are.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2010