What does your faith promise in the after life?

What does your faith promise in the after life, and how does it prepare you for it? Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Eternal life with the Creator! A life where I can finally be at peace, and have all the answers to the questions I have...a place to 'rest' with loved ones. (of course there is more) I plan on being there...I just hope my Father plans on me being there. ;) My faith, daily meditation, prayer, and practicing all I learn is helping to prepare me.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 3:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Rest till the next life
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• well i dont believe religion is a good thing. personal reasons. but i do believe in god. i just really believe it is real. i know i have encountered sprits so i hope that my soul lives on. but to me believing in god isnt a reward-based-system... i just really think he/she/it is real.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• A time to care for and love my family before being reborn and having a new chance at a new life... And finally, complete peace and happiness forever in the Elysian fields...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I believe the same as Sabrina though what she calls the Elysian Fields I call Summerland.

to me personaly the Summerland is an Underworld realm of rest for souls in between their earthly incarnations and a place where rested spirits who lived virtuous lives without harming others enjoy a paradise of light and joy. its also a place for reunions with deceased loved ones. I guess its kind of like my Wiccan-Witch version of Heaven.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I believe that I will meet Jesus, my spiritual master. I will also be with deceased loved ones. I will be able to manifest anything I wish to have, and it will all take place in a beautiful light filled, crystal filled Summerland! I will review this life's events, and I will rest. I will attend classes, and I will do spiritual work. I will eventually meet with my other spirit guides/elders, and with the rest of my soul family to consult with, I will decide on the work I wish to do in my next life. I'll choose the basics of my next life.. what ethnicity I'll be, where I'll be born, the socio-economic specifics, major life obstacles I will deal with, and perhaps I'll get to be tall in my next life and have beautiful brown skin!
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• A chance to try again...aka reincarnation.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• There are no promises in Atheism.  This life is all there is, enjoy it while you can!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Mine offers a promise of a world restored to it's original state, and purpose [to live with Yahweh and his son with no separation by sin]. No death, no killings of any sort, every living being will be a vegetarian and living in peace and harmony. No more fear or harm or growing old and death. Only pure LOVE, looking our best, loving with all of our hearts and souls, and PEACE forever!!

How does my faith prepare me for this? By teaching me to be controlled and holy, and by training me to be like my teacher the Messiah, for the final battle that is to come at the end of age! To sacrifice all the unnecessary distractions from MY true purpose to save as many people from the sufferings of the evil one, and to snatch as many from the fire as I can before my eventual death. Than I shall reign along side my savior a thousand years, and become one of  the many priests to my Elohim. Hallelujah!! Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Not to mention the honor of doing my Fathers work, and all the blessings, and miracles I get to watch along the way. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010