Medical field advise..I've been thinking about going back to school at first I thought coder/billing then I thought RN/LPN etc...but I'm getting mixed info from people.If you are in this field please advise me

Hi, I'm a SAHM and thinking about going to college to get a degree at first I thought medical billing and coding but then I hear it's hard to get a job....everyone wants experience.Then I thought nursing and heard it was real hard to get excepted into nursing school...CNA's get crapped on and that they might be getting fazed out?So then I thought medical assistant...????

Basically I want a career where I make a difference but I also need to make enough money to support my family.

If you work in any of these areas please give me your true outlook on the job...the training..ease of finding a job...average salary,anything helpful..I don;t want to waste my time in a area that might go nowhere. Thanks..

Sunflower722

Asked by Sunflower722 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• you will always find a job being a nurse. alpn makes a lot less than RN but at least its a starting point. my moms a RN, was al pn...was a nurses aid before that. she makes 6 figures now as a Rn, she is the director or nursing but she has busted her ass to get where she is at and has business school training, that is what got her to corporate and director of nursing.
    you can make good money being a RN for sure. lpn you can make decent money but no 6 figures.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have no idea. I can say my daughter is having trouble getting into nursing program. She has switched to X-ray technology to see if it is easier to get into. With Obama care repercussions on the horizen I really don't know if it will get easier or even be worth it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2010