Can I Dye My Hair While I'm Pregnant?

Okay, I'm 19 weeks 2 days pregnant. I'm really wanting to dye my hair black "again" because my blonde is coming back up to show. Lol. Is it safe to dye my hair at this time of my pregnancy?

sHeRi_x42709x

Asked by sHeRi_x42709x at 12:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sure. Just don't swallow bleach. Or rub bleach directly on your belly. Or douse yourself with bleach and then light yourself on fire. Really - don't let people scare you.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 1:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Okay. Thankyou very much for the information. It really helped me out with my question. (:
    sHeRi_x42709x

Answer by sHeRi_x42709x at 1:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes its safe. I died my hair brown in my last pregnancy and he turned out to be a healthy little boy. I was parinoid at first and wasnt going to do it but my OB and my hair dresser said it was safe. Just be sure to do it in a well ventilated area to minimize breathing the chemicals in. I wouldnt recommend bleaching it though (but thats not what you had in mind anyway lol) And if you're still concerned, consider waiting to color your hair until the second trimester, when your developing baby is less vulnerable.

But another thing my OB said was because of the hormone fluctuations in your body the color may not take properly, cover properly or lighten properly.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yup I highlight my hair every 3 months..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 2:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Oh ok. Thankyou everyone for the information. It helped me alot.
    sHeRi_x42709x

Answer by sHeRi_x42709x at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010