How to get rid of the pee smell?

My son is in the process of being potty trained, and has had many accidents in his bedroom and it stinks. His bed, his floor, just the whole room stinks like pee. It's embarrassing to have people over and I just can't take the smell anymore. How do I get rid of the stink? I have cleaned the carpet, I clean his bed every time he has an accident, and I open the windows up as often as I can. Please HELP!!!

johnston0609

Asked by johnston0609 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• pull ups..... i tried the same thing with my daughter and it took months for me to realize she is just not getting it very quickly. get him pull ups. the cool alert ones are what trained my daughter. and use all small and mighty laundry soap for cleaning the carpets and bed.....it gets the smell out and it smells so wonderful.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• wash every thing with baking soda. sprinkle it down on the carpets then scrub the areas with pee, let dry and vaccuum up the rest.
    Anonymous

• Try arm & hammer baking soda let it sit then vacuum keep doing this until you noticed the smell gone.
    I remember one time it rained so bad that we had rain come into our bedroom carpet I noticed it was wet and tried to sop up the water and put a fan on that area after 3 days it finally dried but all was left was a mildewy smell OMG I almost lost it that is when I used this A&H baking soda I would sprinklie a good amount in the morning and come back later to vacuum it up like in the evening I must have did this for a week but hey it worked no more mildewy smell.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Vinegar. Febreze all purpose cleanser.
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 1:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would go with carpet deorderizer.. they make the kind just for pets but it works for pee too, And then i would get a TON of febreze and febreze air effects. That should work
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010