Do You get fusterated w/your kids or dh's Food "dislikes"?

Just wondering how common a thing this is. I have two kids and my dh is a very picky eater. He dislikes Alot of veggies and any Mayo based sauce or side. He's a basic meat and taters man. My kids almost never eat what dh and I eat but they have real reasons for being pick though,they take medications that ruin their appitite.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i refuse to make seperate meals for anyone in my family. the cost of food is rediculouse enough without having to make 2 or 3 different meals at meal time. if they dont like it they can wait till the next meal. they wont die from skipping a meal and i have found that after a couple hours tey will usually go sit down and eat what i made like it or not.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My policy is you eat what I cook or cook it yourself and yes my child has fixed her own PB&J sandwich because she didnt like what I had made. My DH is picky too but he knows not to show it lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I just tell them to eat crap then.
    Anonymous

• My husband is a picky eater. And to make it worse, when I find something he'll actually eat, I'll make it a good bit (you know, because he actually eats it), and then the day will come when he doesn't want it any more because he's tired of it but he can't tell me what else he wants. Men.

But I don't try too hard to appease him. If it was just that he didn't like a couple of things, I would work around it, but it's everything. So I make what I want, or maybe something new I want to try, and he can either eat it or make himself something else. Usually, he'll eat what I make, and that's that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My 17 yr old and my 5 yr old are very picky...esspecially the 5 yr old! I do not even know how he is growing, he just does not eat! Right now it is almost 12:30 and he still has not eaten today, he says he isn't hungry. Tomorrow and Friday he has pre-K class where he has lunch at school, he won't eat the hot lunch and if I pack him food it all comes back untouched. There is alot of food my 17 yr old won't eat so I just don't make those things on the nights she is eating at home. My oldest and my husband will eat anything but sandwiches! I do buy white and dark bread, because the family does eat toast and my husband and 17 yr old will only eat white, and my oldest and my 5 yr old will only eat dark.
    I figure it's my job as a sahm to make sure everyone is happy. I do stop at making separate meals...I just make what everyone will eat.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Dh eats almost anything, For the most part I just work around anything I know he specifically dislikes.
    DS is pretty good about eating things. He likes more veggies than I do! His big dislike is asparagus, so when I make that I just make sure there are other sides he can fill up with instead.
    Anonymous

• My hubby and Dragon Rider's Hubby sound like they could be long lost twins. That's pretty much the way things are at my house also. I grew up in a cooking household and came from a cooking family. Hubby grew up in a family that ate out almost ALL THE TIME. He grew up eating pretty much, meat, potatoes and bread. He has come along way since we have been married but still has improving to do! Cooking sometimes causes me to run a range of emotions...boredom, frustration, anger. I am such a supressed cook. I could be cooking so many new and interesting things!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My husband would eat shoe leather if I put gravy on it. He'll eat anything. My 4 year old son, Grant, however is a totally different story. He is so picky and it drives me nuts!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It took me at least two years to break my husband of the bad habits him mom raised him with. I would have never tolerated him setting an awful example for our daughter.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My DH was kinda picky when we started dating, but once he saw that certain things were good (ie seafood), he started liking them. His mother is a super picky eater (all she really likes is hamburgers with mayo only and french fries and Pepsi), so he wasn't exposed to a whole lot growing up. They only thing he doesn't like now, is curry. Which is a shame, because I love curry!

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 4:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010