Potty question

How do i get my son to not hold his pee soo long? I try telling him when he has to go just go but he doesnt. Since he holds his pee, it drips until he goes. I found this out this morning when i was helping him put his underware on. It is really annoying because his underware always smell like pee. He doesnt actually pee his pants and get his jeans wet but it seems like his underware are always wet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i had that problem with my daughter....puul ups is all i can say. untill he really gets it put him in a pull up.
    Anonymous

• don't do pullups,thats going backwards. buy more underwear for him to change into.
    Anonymous

• Don't do pullups, I put my dd in them and she regressed! I just stick dd in panties and when she pees I say "we need to wash them now" problem is even when she's dry she thinks they need to be washed still. The only real solution I've found is letting her go naked because then she can't just hold it and drip... she has to go! And she gets up in the middle of doing something to go! I avoid pullups because if I put her in underwear after a pullup she treats underwear like a diaper and will pee in them one or two times before realizing pee leaks through. Our pullups are for night time only... and long trips in the car but she always pees in the potty before we go and when we get to the store/friends house! He will get there! It just takes time and a LOT of patience!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• thanks everyone, other question, will he be able to go to preschool this fall if this keeps up or will they kick him out? I am going to register him for preschool in a week but i would hate for it to be a waste of money. I hope by fall he is done with the whole leaking deal but you never know
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010