What do you do to lose weight and get into shape/stay in shape?

Im so sick of fighting the same 5lbs for 2yrs now. Im a member of T.O.P.S and I do a daily food journal, I mostly gave up soda and I excerise most days for atleast 20-40minutes. I have tried diet pills. (yeah right works for like a minute) what is a good diet and excerise plan for you? I would also like to know if what if any crazy things you have tried to lose weight and have failed you?

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well i read this thing that said muscle confusoin is the best way to lose when your stuck. do a different workout each week. like jumping rope for a week and then roller blading the next, then biking the next. thase are all cardio exaples. you can do the same with the rest like i dance for a week then do tai bo a week, then yoga for a week.
    Anonymous

• I loose weight easily when I deprive myself of carbs, no sugars no flour no bread, all of which I love!!!!! Can't say I have tried anything else because I have never been overweight except the three times I was pregnant. but those last 5 pounds are a bitch to loose!!!! I stopped looking at rhe scale a long time ago and go by my how my body looks, I do weight lifting and cardio everyday alternating muscle groups, maybe you need a change in your workout.

Answer by older at 1:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I do power 90X and insanity this works for me and now I will be riding a bike and walking and swimming
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i eat natural, drink enough water, and exercise (usually 45 minutes of cardio, and then 20 minutes of weights). one time i did body for like, there was a diet and exercise plan that was easy to follow...the best part was it gave you one day off a week, so anything that you craved or deprived yourself of, was for the most 6 days! i think it helps a lot to move your exercise outdoors in the sunshine whenever you can.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Well .. I would say that I've tried a lot of crazy and stupid/unhealthy things to lose weight. Fasting, cleansing, diet pills and a lot of diets!!!!! Over the years I've learned one thing .. All the stuff I did was TEMPORARY! UGH!

Finally got a handle on things and I'm doing great. I'm a Beachbody Coach and do a variety of their workout videos and learned how to make lifestyle changes for a healthier, trimmer me! Diets and many of these popular programs give you temporary results. And if you read the small print on most ads, it will say "results not typical" .. with Beachbody results ARE typical!

I LOVE helpings folks get healthy!

Here's a few tips .. start & end each day and each meal with a glass of water!
    Eat something healthy every few hours while you are awake - this will keep your metabolism working. (yogurt, fruit or berries, nuts, olives, trail mix)

PM for more tips!

beachbodycoach.com/teamjacob
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 5:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Eat clean, no processed foods ( I find Zoning out the Paleo diet works for me) and do Crossfit!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I go to the gym for and hour and a half every day. and i try to eat better and such i just try to stay active and such
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 4:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• What is working for me is eating 5-6 small healthy meals a day and working out 4-6 days a week. Strength training is VERY important when it comes to the last 5lbs or so. I was stuck 15 lbs from my goal until I started a kettlebells class. Doing that 2-3 days a week for the last 3 months I'm only 3 lbs away from my goal!
    MOM2SWEETNESSx3

Answer by MOM2SWEETNESSx3 at 6:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• What worked for me to get smaller than I have ever been before (I am currently two sizes smaller than I was on my wedding day and I have had two children, I was a size 10, now I'm a size 6, at my biggest I was a size 14), is Crossfit and the Zone diet. Crossfit is short duration, high intensity, functional movements. Its fast and fun. And the Zone diet is eating a proper balance of protein, carbs and fat to ensure a stable blood sugar. I stay full for a long time, and I have more energy than I have ever had in my life. Plus, i eat a lot. For example...breakfast was 3 eggs, a bowl of oatmeal and a handful of almonds. :)
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• A couple people answered exactly like I was going to. I follow a Paleo diet with mostly Zone portions and I CrossFit 4-5 days/week. Also, squat HEAVY. That leaned me out more than anything I have ever done. I just started doing a 10-Day herbal cleanse from Advocare, recommended every 90 days. I lost 4 lbs in four days just stripping my body of garbage in my system.
    AKTsMom

Answer by AKTsMom at 5:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2010