Do you think that too many take FaceBook too seriously?

I have seen the strangest things because of Facebook.... very very very childish behavior. People getting upset over deleting of "friends", people collecting "friends", people not calling family but expecting them to check their FB status to get information, people using it to have serious conversations that should be done in person.

This is such an odd development.... I cannot wait for sociology classes to teach the subject in a couple decades... how some of our young folk have totally changed the rules of common sensible behavior due to Facebook.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its just isnt young people..its all ages with the drama and cat fights. i deleted lot of friends who got pissed at me cause i only kept some of my family and the rest of the friends were people needed for my games. i go to facebook to wind down and relax not read drama post after drama post...and somehow people try to drag me in it. i lost a lot of friends cause i deleted them off of FB, they wont even talk to me in real life now...but if they want to be that childish and play grade school games more power to them i dont care as long it doesnt involve me
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i also love how people post everything on there..if you wouldnt yell it out in a crowded room dont post it on facebook or myspace for that matter where God and everyone under the sun can read it....if you dont want negative comments dont put yourself in the position to do so...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I love facebook and have never delt with the "drama." That is just stupid. As for the comments and such, be smart and act like an adult.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• don't use FB anymore - i did for a very short time. I would have to agree with poster.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 2:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It is how I keep in touch with family on my side and my husband's side..if it wasn't for FB I wouldn't know anything. But yeah the younger one's are the one's that don't realize just how many people are reading the stuff they post or comment too.
    My husband has a niece that is either engaged or single...always posting drama.
    I hate talking on the phone and when family is spread out it is cheaper to stay in touch through FB then have to stay tied down to a phone line and have a big phone bill
    Anonymous

• i do think some do...i mean keeping ex's on there.....when your married is eventually is gonna get them all to buttheads with each other (not from my experience), getting your daily facebook fix or maybe just to be snoopy, i rather stick with texting or something like that. when your mad...the first thing on some pple's minds are to head straight to facebook and start deleting lol which i find funny.

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Everyone on my FB page are my family and friends. If there are people who I don't want to see my status updates I block them from THAT update. I post what is going on in my life because the people whose opinions I value the most are scattered all across the world and I value their opinions.
    Anonymous