How far apart are you kids?

I have a 2.5 yo, we won't be able to ttc for another year or two. Anyone else have a 5-6 yo when they had another baby???

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• We don't yet but We got pregnant when we were really young and shes now almost 4. We are just ttc now. I worry that they will be too far apart in age but we couldn't afford another before.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 1:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• 4 years. It is perfect.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My oldest was 7 when we had our second baby and then 18 months later we had our third.

I was a fool and thought there would be little sibling rivalry, because the first two were so far apart in age.

I will say that my oldest was a super helper and was so happy about his baby brothers. And they look up to him like he is the King of kids. :D

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My kids are 2 years and 1 month apart. Its challenging, lol, but I like that they can play together...when they're not fighting anyway...sigh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• DD's are 51/2 years apart. it was good when they where young. Because my oldest was out of the baby stage. Weened, potty trained Could dress herself. And was geting \ready to go to school. Bad things to me, was one left home (graduated High school). Then I had to wait 5,6 years later for the youngest to leave home.

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• my babies are 3 years and 3 weeks apart :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My sons are 3 years a part. It's whenever the time is right for you.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My three right now are very close in age. The first two are only 16 minutes apart :) Okay, I guess they don't count since they are twins, but they are only 19 months older than my youngest. We have been ttc for a long time now, and if I am pregnant now (which I will be testing later today) then my twins will be almost 5 years older than this baby, and my youngest will be 3 years older
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I do,
    1986
    1991
    1994
    2005 and 2006
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My two are 21 months apart and the next one will be a little short of 2 years younger (due in a month). I have come to the conclusion that there is no right or wrong in spacing. There are advantages and disadvantages no matter what. We wanted ours to be able to do the same kinds of activities together and we aren't young parents, either. On the other hand, we go through a lot of diapers and lose a lot of sleep, and college will be all in one big lump. It will be just fine for you. Don't sweat it!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2010