How do you deal with a friend who is only a friend when nothing else is going on?

I have this "friend" who wants to be invited to everything.. if we dont invite her she pitches a fit. But then you invite her and she says, "Yea, I definitely want to go, but I may be going to a batchelorett party that same day." or whatever. Do you just keep inviting her to the events or stop and ignore her when she asks why she wasn't invited?

She is nice enough.. but I feel like it is a waste of time and energy on my part!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I 'd suggest that you tell her how you feel about her behavior.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• This isn't a friend. She's someone you happen to know...and need to know a lot less.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have a friend who my mom deemed a "fair weather friend" and she was right, well when it came to my wedding she called me and asked when I was going to ask her to be maid of honor...Didn't really think about having her but instead the woman who introduced me to my husband. Just to please told her I was about to call her anyday. Because she was going to be a total betch about this. She lives by my sister and when I go to my sisters I used to call her and tell her I wanted to do something, well after awhile I decided to blow her off! so now I never call her when I'm in her neck of the woods...I'm even thinking of deleting her on Facebook. I want a friend to be a true friend...it is better to just be alone then put up with another person's BS
    Anonymous

• Stop inviting, just went thru the same thing with one of my "sometimes friend". The last two times we invited them, she canceled at the eleventh hour. I am sick of "sometimes friends". Move on I did and feel much better about it. Good luck!
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2010