Confused!!!

I asked this ? which just led to more ?'s

I went to the dr on saturday and had and ultrasound done and there was no proof of pregnancy in the uterus and my hcg was only 25.3. went back on monday and hcg was 80.5 which means i am only 1 to 2 weeks along... is it possible to have symptoms of pregnancy this early? my breasts are very sore and i had nausea a few days ago which has passed.

according to my lmp i should be around 6 weeks....

The dr thinks i am just not that far along and not that concerned about it or possibly had a miscarriage and didn't know it...

And even more confusing still... how can I even know I am pg this early??? Shouldn't I be around 3 weeks?

danielleaube

Asked by danielleaube at 2:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is possible to know as early as two weeks when it's a doctor that does the test and tells you. Relax for now and see what happens with your HCG levels. Do a repeat ultrasound in a few weeks to see what it shows.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Did they ever look in your tubes during the ultrasound to make sure its not a tubal pregnancy?
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I always had nausea a couple weeks before I should have gotten my period - so probably from conception.

Answer by missanc at 2:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• first of all 1-2 weeks pregnant doesn't actually exist, if you kwim. conception occurs at 2 weeks pregnant. lol. yeah that is confusing. but i guess you mean 1-2 weeks past conception, which would be 3-4 weeks pregnant.

HCG levels can vary A LOT in the beginning.

http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

according to this link, 80 could be less than 3 weeks pregnant, OR more than 5 weeks pregnant. (1-4 weeks past conception, not 1-2 like you said)

good luck!!!! :D
    Anonymous

• btw, it is very possible to get a positive URINE test at less than 2 weeks after conception.
    Anonymous