OMG it HURTS

I just ripped off the top half of my big toe nail while moving a dresser. It hurts sooo bad. I put peroxide on it and have slathered it with antibiotic ointment. UGH it hurts though and I am the only one home. grrr.

chrissifaye

Asked by chrissifaye at 2:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• OOOOOO I had mine ripped off for me when my son walked all over my feet!

Mine is still hanging on by a thread...I am scared to remove it all the way...is yours completely gone?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• well it was hanging on my a thread too but I reached down and yanked it off before the shock lessened cause I knew it would hurt more if I waited. If u can get it off quick I would or it is gonna hurt again if it gets ripped off again, unless u can band aid it and save the nail.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• OUCH !!!!!! WOW hope it heals quickly for the two of you
    acrazylife4me

Answer by acrazylife4me at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Mine happened on Sat. So now I think it is sort of "glued" down by blood and gunk...(gross I know)

I think it will just get pushed off when the new toenail starts growing....right now, if you look at my nail...it doesnt look that much different...but I can feel that its loose....like a loose tooth....

I am sure I will loose it, but its stuck right now.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2010