do you have 200+ friends on facebook? why do you need that many?

i could never understand why people need so many friends. did you once get a glance from somebody in high school and then remembered them and added them to your friends?

did you add all the "popular" folks in high school?

do you still plan to have some sort of contact with these people in real life?

i can understand family and real life friends and all but why would you need 100+ friends if they arent your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 219 and the reason is because pretty much everyone I went to highschool with recognizes my name and adds me, and people that I met on a board like this when my first son was born all added me (we talked for several years and knew each other pretty well) and basically I just feel rude denying someone if I know who they are. It's annoying sometimes because I can't possibly keep track of that many people and I end up missing things I would have liked to see from my closer friends because it's showing me stuff I don't care about from people I hardly know.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have 85,its all for the neighbors on yoville,petville,and cafeworld!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have around that many, I think about 178 or so....I dont NEED them I guess...but its just people I know from work, school, church....who have added me and ones I have added

I am particular with who I add too, I dont add people I barely know or worse yet...strangers. I only add those people who I know and actually give a rip about..lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have a little over 200, but a LOT of them are family. And then a lot are friends. I know and really actually do talk to most of the people on there.
    Anonymous

• I don't have that many, I have around 122, and they are not friends from high school. They are friends from my life now. I like to keep in touch and life is busy, so it's easier to do that online.
    Anonymous

• A lot of people join just to play the games. The more people you have in the game, the better the playing. They don't actually know or socialize with those people, they just kill imaginary bad guys, build forces, and have fun.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have alot- like over 350, but no, I don't "need" them. Most of them are people from high school that I don't regularly keep in touch with, but it is nice to be able to congratulate them on things like engagements, weddings, babies, new jobs, etc. Plus, its actually working out a lot in my and DH's favor that I'm in semi-contact with a few of these people as they have relatives to put us in contact with who work for companies my DH is interested in working for post-degree at the end of this year.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 2:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I only have family and close friends on my Facebook..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i only have i think 50 they are mostly family and friends i talk to now or ones that i fell out of contact with and we found each other on facebook.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 3:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have like 180. I love reading about friends from school and hearing about new babies and everything. Probably like 60 of my friends are family members though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2010