What are some things I could do to get rid of my ds's fever?

My ds is 16 months old and he became sick overnight, night before last. Yesterday he had a slight fever so I gave him infants motrin. It went away but this morning it was back and I have been giving him infants motrin and it went away for a little bit but he has had a fever pretty much all day. What are some other things that I cn do to get rid of this fever and help my baby boy feel better. His cold only consists of a snotty nose when he sneezes (which I clean every time) and a fever. I put baby vicks under his nose to keep it from being stuffy. Any ideas and advice is appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• unless its over 100.5,I wouldn't even be treating it. the fever kills the viruses. Just keep him hydrated,quiet,loose clothes,and let him rest.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• have him in a diaper only, dab him with a wet room temp wash cloth, give him a luke warm bath. those things i always do when my kids are ill
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• cool bath, cool wash cloth on forehead
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 2:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Here are some things I have learned with 2 ALWAYS SICK kids ages 6 and 4....lol

Vicks on the feet really helps with a cough.....rub a little all over the bottom of the feet and put the socks back on...

Fevers make our kids feel terrible, but they help your body fight off the sickness....so try to only medicate if they are feeling really bad.

A lukewarm/cool bath will help him feel better and lower his temp naturally.....

Anonymous

• actually cool baths RAISE the temp because you shiver and the body compensates for "heat loss"
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010