What to do if CPS takes all of your Children?

If CPS takes all of your children. You did not do anything wrong. You're a great parent. Single parent of special needs children you've adopted. No one is listening. Always assuming the parent hurt them. Knowing kids get hurt at a school, on the bus, play ground etc.. What to do to help someone when you know they're innocent! Innocent! And you can't afford a lawyer. All you want is your children and this nightmare to be over!! What can one do?? Where do you begin? When on one is listening!! Where to start? I suppose each state varies in protocol. Like I imagine AZ. would differ from IL? Just wondering where to start? It must be so hard on the poor children and a loving, dedicated caring mother!! Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• CPS does not take kids away without cause....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have a hard time believing CPS takes away children from a complely blameless person.

MAYBE it could happen, but few and far between. My kids fall down, get bruises on the slides and stuff and CPS has never bothered me once.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it could happen, but obviously CPS has a reason to be suspicious and all the crying and begging isn't going to make a difference. All you can do is find out what you need to do to get them back (parenting classes, drug screening, whatever) and DO IT! Don't go crazy, just show that you're stable and willing to do whatever it takes (or your friend, whoever you're talking about).
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• if CPS told you to get something straight then you can have your children then do that even if your innocent.

in my friend's case, i think she was on drugs and CPS took her daughter away and she got her taken away for good after all the court hearings and all. i dont know where she screwed up, if they told her to get off of drugs and go into rehab but she didnt have money idk what they told her but i dont think she's really gonna tell me the exact truth but im sure they did it because of a reason.

i could tell she was a good mother but i think her drug addiction got in the way
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• They will investigate and you will need to prove you are a suitable parent. CPS is comprised of human beings, so there's likely to be error. If you didn't do anything wrong, when they investigate, they will find that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If I did nothing to warrant their removal, then there is no reason whatsoever I should have to do their "care plan". They make the parents themselves pay for the classes and tests, most of the time. What if the parent cannot afford these things?

CPS is a fucking joke in this country. Thank you Clinton! HR 3038 has done nothing but destroy families for profit!

But we could have it worse. England takes children before they're even born, basing parental fitness on things that took place YEARS before the parents even got pregnant, and then adopts the kids out for money. Sadly, even if you can prove in a court of law you did no wrong, they won't reverse the adoption and you are not even allowed to contact your children.
    Anonymous

• FYI: CPS loves taking newborns and toddlers because they're hot commodities. Everyone wants to adopt for cheap and everyone wants a baby. It's easy to pick on the poor and uneducated. Too poor to afford a lawyer and too uneducated to know when they're being dragged through the mud.

Some CPS agencies got so corrupt that if they wanted to adopt the child out, all they had to do was drag their feet with the courts long enough to claim the child has been in care too long and terminate the parents' rights by default.

Are you aware that if your child is in care 18 months or longer, they can terminate your rights and adopt your kid out even if you do all that you were told?
    Anonymous

• I know for a fact that sometimes CPS screws up. I have a friend who has 5 kids and her oldest was taken by CPS and given to his bio-dad for some reason... but the kids are great and she is an awesome mom. Go figure.
    Contact your Department of Health and Human services... I know in CO they have legal services for low-income people.
    call around to different law offices and see if anyone works on a sliding fee scale or does pro bono work, or if they can refer you to someone who does.
    Yes, kids get hurt at school, etc. But there is a difference between normal scrapes and bruises and constant, not so normal ones. One kid may be accident prone, but not all of them.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What a load of crap. CPS can't just take children for no reason. There are far too many people involved. Each child has a social worker, case manager, CASA, GAL and then there is the judge, and if the case goes to trial a jury. Your telling me that all those people are conspiring to take children? BS. Even kids that have been abused and neglected get left in the system for a long time. My DD's case took 7 years and went to the supreme court. And that is with parents who were poor because the state will provide and attorney for them. They appealed several times on your dime, just because they could. They had no interest in the kids, but for the dad's it was a day out of jail each time we had court so they took advantage.
    Anonymous

• If one is being accused of something you are entitled to a lawyer whether or not you can affod it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010