Do you agree with Arizona in trying to pass the new law?

That police can detain anyone who might "look" undocumented. I think this is freaking crazy isn't this racial profiling? I hope this law doesn't pass.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• SIde note: what does undocumented LOOK like, just curious! LOL

EXACTLY- because I'm sure an undocumented African, Latino, Eastern Indian and Eastern European would all look alike, right? People here love to drop the Hitler reference. Yep, let's line up people who "look" a certain way-

Talk about a waste of time (and more money).

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• They might not pass it BECAUSE it might lead to racial profiling but its just to try and catch the illegal immigrants.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• The law won't get passed, they can try but it won't. The Constitution protects us from laws that are based on race, gender, etc. It's a crock.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

TheDiva320

• they cant detain you if you have the documentation on your person right.....i dont think it would hurt. no oofense but all these immigrants having children in the states is crouding up schools and costing the U.S. big money.
    Anonymous

• I hope it does and thought it already did. People are now or will be aware that they need to carry documentation. The rest of them need to get out.
    I'm a minority and can't count the times I've asked if I was Mexican, it wouldn't bother me at all to show proof of my citizenship to weed out the illegals.
    Anonymous

• Link?
    Anonymous

• I'm a minority and can't count the times I've asked if I was Mexican, it wouldn't bother me at all to show proof of my citizenship to weed out the illegals

Seriously, after about the 100Th time, or when it became a daily occurrence, (or multiple times a day), wasting your time etc. If you didn't come to resent that practice something would be amiss. Be very careful what you wish for-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/15immig.html

Anonymous

• Here is another one : http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304604204575182721466632104.html

Anonymous