Do you have an easy set up or metal frame above ground pool?

What kind do you have?
What size is it? How many people go in at a time?
Do you like it?
Did you get your money worth out of buying it?
Would you recommend it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We got the 8' x 36" easy set up pool last year. The kind that the top ring inflates. Its great. We enjoyed it all summer.
    I found a pool ladder on Freecycle. You'll definitely need one.
    My kids were 2 and 6 last year and we really enjoyed it. It was perfect for us. I'll use it again this year and consider upgrading next year.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 12:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We have an above ground aluminum frame 15' x 30' pool. It's quite large enough to get MANY people in it at a time and is very sturdy. I LOVE it in the summer. We received it free of charge (just had to disassemble and remove it ourselves), but we've replaced the liner ($300) and the pump ($350) and have had to purchase the chemicals. I'd definitely recommend it over the easy set up pools that can be ripped and require repairs or replacement. JMO.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I had the 18' blow up pool, what a gross mess. They are great fun, especially if your yard is really flat...this is key, but what a nightmare to try and keep clean. The filters sold with them are a joke! We now have a steel wall 21' round pool and love it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2010