How many of you, despite the law(s), don't use car seats?

or use a car seat, but don't buckle your children up?

I talked to my son's class about safety the other day and I was amazed at how many kids don't even have a car seat!

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I always use them and even after they could have sat in the regular seat I waited, figuring they were safer in the car seat.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• For my 5 year old I don't. The reason being is he's the SIZE of an 8 or 9 year old and fits in the regular seatbelt with no issues.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• my sister stopped using one when my niece was 5 I think.. Now, 5 years later and a mother of a 2-1/2 year old I can't believe what things she's done as a mother.
    Anonymous

• my 11 year old is bi9g enough to go without. and my 8 year old just hit 4'9" which was crazy surprising but the ped said that it is height that matters on how the belt fits not age or weight so she doesnt have to wear one either....i know shes tall but her father is 6'10". my other three have appropriate booster or car seats. to many kids die from not being properly bucked. i couldnt immagine the guilt of knowing if i got into an accident and my child died because I didnt bucke them in right.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• my 4 1/2 year old is still in a 5 point harness
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What? Who wouldn't use a car seat! How could you drive with a kid loose in the car?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I really don't think anyone is going to admit to this. Lol.
    mommyofJames512

Answer by mommyofJames512 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• For me, it is not even a law issue. It is a safety issue that I would adhere to without the law in place.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My bf doesn't quite get the concept that the baby has to be BUCKLED into the carseat for the carseat to actually be of any help. I frequently harp at him over it. I just keep telling him that it's a life or death situation and when it comes down to that, I won't gamble.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't believe in car seats. My mother didn't use them for us and we're still alive! My 2 year old doesn't use one. He doesn't even always use a seat belt.
    Anonymous