How do you feel about disabled moms having children?

I'm talking about severe disabilities that they know they will likely pass on to a child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• I feel like it is none of my business
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• ^^^^ditto.
    Anonymous

• me too
    Anonymous

• Do you think that someone with a severe disability is any less deserving of life than those who aren't disabled?
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 3:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't think it is right to knowingy pass on disability or disease. Which is why i had my tubes tied and we adopted. My child is still a special needs child, and lovely in every way. But it wasn't because I made her that way.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't know how I feel. I've really never thought about it. I'm "disabled" in some people's eyes. I have several medical problems that drs would deem a disability, but I have 2 kids, 1 on the way, and I work FT and receive no kind of "extra' help. I don't really see a problem as long as they're able to parent the child. Every child deserves a chance at life.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I suppose, I would have to pair that with How do you feel about stupid or selfish people haveng children. Jeeeeeesh
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010