How big is your diamond?

I have a family member who is talking about asking his GF to marry him :) He wants to know how small is too small... a DIAMOND that is! LOL

My 1st one was 1/4ct. DH upgraded it to 1/2ct and eventually to 1 1/8 ct with a wrap, anniversary band, and diamond wedding band.

How big is your diamond? Do you think it's too big? Too small?

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• mines 1.75 solitaire, with another two 1 kt diamonds on the wrap/wedding band
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• third carat princess cut. Its just right for my tiny hand!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• my main diamond is 5/8th's ct and then with the smaller diamonds around it it's 1 1/3 ct tw. I love mine, but really it's what you can afford at the time. You shouldn't break the bank, and if a woman wants you to break the bank over a ring, then she''s not a good woman to be marrying! lol It'll set the stage for every single purchase in the future! Gold digger! lol

I know a woman who has a HUGE HUGE HUGE RING...It's a solataire literally the size of her thumb nail.....her deductible on that sucker is $6,000 and she doesn't even wear it accept special occasions etc....she's afraid it will fall out and/or get stolen...
    THAT SUCKS.
    Anonymous

• Nonexistent. I just have a band, and that's plenty for me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What Diamond!??
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• .75 of a carat, I think
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't know and don't care. It was my Grandmothers ring. It is beautiful and that is all that matters to me.
    Anonymous

• Mine has 10 stones. Cubiz zarconia stones that is. I don't need an expensive ring...mine was $20. I dont care if he spent 25 cents on it. Its JUST a ring..the price is not what's important. A woman should be happy with any ring a man picks out, big or small....because its what the ring MEANS that matters.
    Anonymous

• Tell him any girl worth marrying won't care. I mean, who scoffs at an engagement ring because of the stone size? Sounds so shallow to me. It's the size of the love and emotion behind the ring that counts.
    Anonymous

• mine is a 2 carat pear shaped diamond with diamonds around it & the band, dh picked it out i didn't ask for a big ring but i love it :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010