~Spin off from~ Stainless Steel kitchen Appliance Question~ What is the new trend?

Okay, I hear(thank you for your input) ;) That stainless steal is on the way out,if that is so,what are the new trends?? I plan on living w/my new kitchen for a long time.

Asked by momthruivf at 4:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You care about trends? For a kitchen?

I buy functional value

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Black is the new trend. :) Matte if you can get it.

Answer by Whatkids at 4:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Stainless may be on the way out (according to those who want to increase sales), but it will always be functional. It's all about taste. A kitchen should be functional and easy to keep clean. The attraction to stainless is it's resistance to harboring bacteria. So you have to choose, trends or timeless and I think stainless falls in the timeless catagory. So much easier to put your effort into decorating which is easily updated as long as the color of your appliances is adaptable.

Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Burnished Bronze appliances is the latest kitchen trend. Stainless is now "classic"

• Oh my! Drama!