Husband thinks my Mirena is coming out?!

My husband thinks that my Mirena is coming out! He said the last couple of times we've had sex he can feel it where as he barely noticed it for the first 3 months or so. My OB originally said that some men notice it while other men don't...but what happens if he didn't & now he does?! What do I do!? Is there a way to fix it myself or should I see my OB?! Is this a normal thing to happen!?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• It could be just the string. You can't fix it, you'll have to schedule an appt. You can also check it yourself to see what you feel. The cervix is in the back of your vagina, you can reach it with your finger. It feels like a cone protruding from the top. In the middle is the opening. if anything is hanging out, you'll feel it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• They told me that if I thought mine was coming out to feel for the strings. Have you tried to find the strings?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My body rejected mine ( same thing happened...my DH could feel it ). I had to get mine removed. I would make an appt to see your GYN.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• You should go see your OB. I haven't had any problems with the mirena... My sister's, however, somehow turned upside down. Her OB said it was fine, that it'd still work...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 4:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I can feel the string, but I've always been able to & my OB originally told me that it was normal to feel the strings. I never checked the actual cervix in the beginning to have a good comparison because my OB checked for me every 2weeks for 8weeks (I had to see her for my script anyways so she would just check it for me). I just tried to make an appointment but the soonest I can get in is in 6weeks. What should I do until then? Will it just fall out?? Is it protecting me at all?? I've had unprotected sex a few times before my husband even brought up being able to feel it, could I have gotten pregnant in that time??
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010