I am going to be a surrogate -

My husband & I met with the agency this past week & have scheduled the psyc evaluation for this upcoming week. The woman who handles everything said that as long as we pass & implantation goes well, I should be pregnant by the end of the summer..

Has anyone else ever done so?
Has anynone used one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• GOod for you! You will make some family very happy!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• How awesome of you. Hats off to you. No way could I do that.
    Anonymous

• I had two easy pregnancies with easy vaginal deliveries. I became very ill because of my third pregnancy and it left me medically and physically disabled. I thought everything would be fine like my first two pregnancies. I almost died several times. What you are doing sounds great but remember that even if it is rare you can become disabled from pregnancy or die and leave your children without a mother. I used to be a medical technologist and I watched a mother bleed to death following delivery. Your family needs to be prepared for that possibility including wills, ect.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• No. I had thought about doing it though. It is a very giving thing to do.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Good for you! I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. What agency did you go thru?
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 4:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What you are doing sounds great but remember that even if it is rare you can become disabled from pregnancy or die and leave your children without a mother. I used to be a medical technologist and I watched a mother bleed to death following delivery. Your family needs to be prepared for that possibility including wills, ect.

WTF is wrong with you? Why would you tell someone that who is doing something GOOD? I'm sure she knows the risks especially if she is doing the the legal way. Keep your depressing comments to yourself.
    Anonymous

• What a nobel thing to do! I don't think I could do that kudos to you!

Answer by older at 4:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What a wonderful thing to do. I could never do that. My sister asked me to once because she had to have a complete hysterectomy at a very young age. but the thought of carrying that baby then handing him/her to someone else to raise was too hard for me. You are very stong and wonderful for giving someone who might not otherwise be able to have children that joy!!!
    Anonymous

• The woman who gave grief about becoming disabled....
    If something happens & I am unable to have another child or care for my son I must have done something very wrong in my last life.. Also the agency supplies me with a lawyer who will draft a will, a living will, ect.

I am located in Indiana. My agency is in Chicago.
    ARR1.com
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• That is a very noble thing to do and very helpful. I have done so. It was for a close friend and I will admit that it is very very hard emotionally on you. If I had known how bad it would hurt to give the baby away after it was born I might not have done it. Then again seeing the little girl play with my son who is three years older at his birthday parties every year and knowing that she is there because of me makes it worth it. It does hurt. It will make you feel very empty and sad for a long time afterwards so you need to be emotionally prepared for this. Don't let yourself get attached at all and try to think of it as a business deal. Do not find out the sex of the baby before it is born it makes it even harder. Remember that the first few months your breast will leak every time a baby cries and you won't have a baby. Little things like that I didn't think about beforehand. If you prepare yourself you'll do great.Bless
    Anonymous