Freecycle... I got clothes and need help

I recently did a freecycle pick up. I always give my clothes for free and get most of them for free as well. Well a very very kind lady gave a few boxes of clothes for the next 2 growth spurts and a few more. I however do not want all the clothes. I am very greatful don't get me wrong. But I never had a problem were I have clothes that were stained. So what should I do with the stained clothes? I don't want to reput them on freecycle and miss lead some one. But always I'm not willing to throw them out because they are stained. What is the best chance for these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• donate them to homeless shelters. some people don't care what kind of condition their clothes are in. they just need clothes.
    Anonymous

• goodwill
    Anonymous

• Why not put them back on freecycle and mention that they are stained?
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Maybe treat them with Shout and let them soak and re-wash, see if that gets the stains out.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• would goodwill take them in that kinda shape? I never seen goodwill sell anything gross looking. Oh and Shout wouldn't work LOL these have been not treated and they are very well set it. It's not a lot out of about 100 items maybe 15 are like this.
    Anonymous

• Well, when I was pregnant. my grandma went crazy and bought every single baby item from every single garage sale that happened within a thousand mile radius, and needless to say, alot of them were stained to high heaven and back. BUT, she got almost every stain out with shampoo and pet stain remover. If you think about it, shampoo removes built-up oils and proteins from your hair and scalp, which is what formula and pee and poop stains are, so she would rub a little bit of shampoo into the stain (um, make sure it's a clear-ish shampoo, the reddish one I tried stained it red, lol), let it sit overnight, then rub a little bit more into the stain before you throw it into the wash, and there's no need for detergent, just water. She used pet stain remover for the hard stains, and I gotta tell ya, they look darn near brand new. Try that. If that don't work, cut them into squares and make a baby quilt, lol.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 4:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• or post them on freecycle as work clothes, stains.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I take mine to good will. I am into the resale shoppes because I can get high end stuff at great prices. I start out w/either new or stuff from Once upon a child and if we have no major stains or holes I usually end up selling them back. I take my "good for nothings" to good will and the reason being is that I figure there could be someone who actually wants or needs stuff for camp or play clothes or someone who is a at master stain removal. IDK? I just don't feel right about throwing clothes away.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I agree with others. Relist the items on freecycle. Make sure that you are more specific about them than you would ordinarily be with nicer clothes. Describe them as 'play clothes' and that they have stains. I imagine that someone would be glad to have them to keep their children's 'good clothing' nice longer.
    Anonymous

• I think I'll find a local homeless shelter. Oh I really hope a 2 year old isn't homeless but that I think is the best choice. I have never thrown any article of clothing away, thats just a waste. I love shopping at 2nd hand stores. Last week at Goodwill I got 5 high end jeans for the price of one orginal pair. I'd rather give them to a place where they aren't having to be bought. My sister works at one with her school. Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous