I have state insurance, and I'm supposed to not have to pay for anything in my pregnancy, and my dr wants to charge me $61 for things that are covered by my insurance.

I was told I have to pay $40 for an U/S, $10 for a pap, $7 for a urine test and $4 for "disposable materials" for my first appt and I have state insurance so I'm not supposed to have to pay anything. The dr accepts my insurance, but told me I still have to pay that amount. I called my insurance company and they told me that I don't have to pay anything...everything pregnancy related is 100% covered. Why would they be doing this? I called them back and asked them if they can give me an order for the U/S instead but they said I have to talk to the dr at my appt about that. If they give me an order, I can go to a place that does them and I won't be charged for it. I don't understand this at all. Anyone else know why they're doing this???? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• Shady doc!!!
    Anonymous

• Just call Diff Dr's or maybe pick one from the state list. They can charge you for these things it really just depends on the Dr.
    Anonymous

• Go to a different doctor. Something is not right.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010