What do you do to keep your house clean? details please some of us don't know how to clean... Like me...

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• What do you mean? I clean up messes, wash laundry, dust, wipe dirt off furniture and cabinets, clean windows, wash dishes, vaccum/mop floors.....what don't you do?
    Anonymous

• I made up a schedule. What rooms to do what day. If a room gets out of control I light clean it. Do dishes right after a meal. Laundry at least once a week. Depending on the kids lol.
    Anonymous

• Tackle one room at a time.
    Assign one room for just that task. Bedroom: sleep and watch tv. No food allow. Living room: toys, lounging, etc. Office: Just computer, file cabinets.
    If you clean every day, you will be on top of it.
    LiloViet

Answer by LiloViet at 12:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• dust first, then vacume...sweep first then wash the floors, get a bucket of water and a 1/4 white vinegar and wash down stair railings, kitchen cabinets, doors, door frames, the edging down along the floor, get a dust buster for steps also use this for table legs and chair legs in the kitchen. spray down your bathroom with bathroom cleaner, wash and rinse with a sponge...for an extra shine dry everything afterwords with a seperate towel. Have small waste baskets in every room and use your plastic grocery bags as garbage can liners. I don't do windows. every couple months move the furnichure and beds and vacume the floors under. when you do your dishes wash down all counters and appliances with your wash rag, never use a sponge they hold to many germs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Besides day to day cleaning, I try once a week to pick a room, wash the walls, dust everything super well, clean the baseboards, clean the light fixtures. Use a Mr. Clean eraser on tough spots, if that doesn't work touch up the paint. Clean out the closets in that room, tidy the drawers, vaccum them out, if there are any in that room. Do the floors. By rotating the rooms that get super cleaned, it is not as overwhelming as trying to do them all at once. The rest of the week I try to give each room the basics.
    momof4treasures

Answer by momof4treasures at 8:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I gave up and hired a cleaning lady to come in a few hours a week to do the main living area, kitchen and bathrooms it just saved headaches and fighting between me and Hubs everybody is in charge of their own rooms though but it does seem that since we are not so focused on the general quarters and they are looking so much nicer, bedrooms stay cleaner cuz we like the whole house to be visitor friendly
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I clean the bathroom while the kids are in the tub. Toys are kept in each childs room to cut down on clutter and this helps them enjoy their room. I put bed risers under my dd's bed and a laundry basket slides under there for alot of her barbie things. I bought the kids feather dusters so they help and have fun. I let them spray perfume all over the house when I vaccuum.

I would suggest you organize and buy tubs or baskets. I have a show holder in just about every room to hold whatever I need. Like, one in the kitchen for sippy cups and snack containers to help on the clutter. One in the bathroom for onsies, towels, lotions, Q-tips, brushes, etc. Love em. I bought a laundry basket for each child and when I dry the laundry, I sort the clothes and fold them when I have time.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2010