lifting.

IS it safe for my lift things over 10lbs now im in my 2nd trimester.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes as long as it is ok with your doctor
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• if you have always lifted 10 lbs or more, it is safe to continue doing so. Same goes for more weight. I daily lift 25 lbs at work. I continued to do so until I went into labor. The only thing you need to be safe about is starting something strenuous during pregnancy that you weren't already doing.

Think of it this way, Our mothers and grandmothers were working hard labor thru the whole thing so why are we so eager to become lazy just because we are pregnant?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my first I lifted 50lb boxes daily throughout my pregnancy (even through the 1st trimester) because of my job. With this one I don't HAVE to lift anything real heavy, I say ask your doctor and as long as your not a "high risk" pregnancy you should be fine!
    Anonymous