Field trips at preschool...

Ok we're on the waiting list for this really good preschool. They teach art, Spanish and have an excellent curriculum. I went today for a tour. They take the kids on a lot of field trips all over the city and some in the next state over. Were talking one trip every other week atleast. Would you be comfortable with other people taking your child out and about this often? They said I can also attend but at that rate, I 'm not sure I can make ALL of them. Just looking for opinions. Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• for me personally, i would go with them on these field trips if possible but i could (and probably am) a little overprotective. lol
    Anonymous

• Not really and I think its a bit overkill. I work at a preschool, I teach music and computers. Kids this age learn best by playing. Not saying that you shouldnt expose them to trips and art and such...just saying its not necessary to push it so hard.

How exactly do they travel, by bus? I personally worry about safety on the busses...they are so young.

Our school goes on a few local trips to the museum, pumpkin patch, etc.

I would not be comfortable with a field trip every other week, and I would not want to work there...hahahahaha ;) Field trips are a HUGE headache for teachers! lol
    Anonymous

• I'm a nurse in a preschool. My son went to preschool. I would absolutely want to go (or send my hubby) if my child was going on a field trip at this age.
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine
    Anonymous

• If I trust them to teach her, then I should trust them on field trips. Not overnight but day trips. They should all be certified in child CPR and first aid.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I teach preschool and I do NOT believe in taking preschoolers on any fieldtrips. It is a nightmare to plan, get chaperones and watch 15 or more kids at one time. There may be chaperones or parents but I am still the one responsible for MY students. The kids ride school buses with NO seatbelts or car seats, have to travel long distances on a smelly bus and then get rushed through whatever place we are at and get back to school on time. I get anxiety attacks the week before a fieldtrip because of all the stress and worries in going on a fieldtrip and putting them together.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I think that's crazy. There is simply no reason a preschool age kid needs that many field trips. Where the heck are they going?
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Sonds rather excessive to me. I would trust my child to them but that's largely because my child is a "runner". he'd be lost in no time at all.. I can't imagine keeping track of all those kids..
    Anonymous