How do you block a phone number?

I need to block a phone number on my land line at home, but I'm unsure how to do so. Anyone know how to do it? Is it different for different carriers?

bskelly

Asked by bskelly at 5:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• look in the first couple pages of the phone book and it should tell you. i only have my cell phone so im not sure.
    Anonymous

• First you have to be paying for the service to be able to block #. Call your phone carrier.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• 1-800-244-4444 coast to coast and they will send you a booklet that makes it really easy
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 5:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• dial *67 then the number that you want. No charge and the caller ID is blocked. IT will only block it for that call. Each timeyou awant to block it you must do it.
    momof4treasures

Answer by momof4treasures at 7:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I know how to block my number if I'm making a call. Just do not know how to block a repeated number that is calling my house. I checked the phone book because I swore I had seen it there before, and it's not there. I tried getting on my phone carriers website and it doesn't offer any help. I guess my only alternative besides just ignoring the call is to call my phone carrier! Need to save that for a day when I'm okay with talking to someone from India! Guess I'll just be ignoring the calls. LOL!
    bskelly

Answer by bskelly at 12:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010