Vasectomy

Just curious as to how many of you have had or considered having your husband have a vasectomy after having only one child. My husband and Ihave discussed it b/c I really want to be off of birth control. ( every kind has made me sick) I dont want to spend the rest of our lives using condoms and worrying about not using them. Our first was an "accident" which I HATE saying b/c I love her so much, but we would like to be able to enjoy our lives without another child and focus our time on her and ourselves. Some people might view this as selfish but we really dont want to spend the money on another child. I just want to know your opinions on the situation. I still sometimes get a little sad b/c it is permanent but at the same time.. I am not sure I want another one either. I feel like its as much of a stigma to say I dont want another one than to say something else. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• Well first off a Vasectomy is WAY better on the guy and cheaper than if a woman has her tubes tied .. secondly don't do something so "drastic " right away . YOu could decide in a few years you might want more kids and then you would have to get it reversed . Not that this is going to happen to you but I know 2 people that didn't want more than one or even any . 1 had EVERYTHING she ever wanted huge house expensive car etc etc . Her hubby died when they were 50 and now she is alone and regrets not having kids. Then the other didn't have kids because she didn't want to spend the money on them and she got cancer and now can't have kids and now regrets it . Think it over dont jump into something really fast weigh it out .

My parents have me (30) and then 12 years later had my sister who was unplanned she is now 17 . They didn't want more kids after me but they never regret haivng my sister .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 7:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2010