arghhhhh! i cant do anything!!!!!!

i have always been told and gone by the idea that you cant spoil a baby. but my baby is 11 months now and spoiled she is! if i am doing anything that doesnt have to do directly with her she will scream at me until i am back to playing with her. i cant do laundry, dishes, vacuum, cleaning, or even cafemom without her screaming! im afraid someone will call csd for all the screaming and my house though sanitary, looks thrashed! i have always been great at keeping housecleaning an easy routine but i am basicly not allowed anymore. is it bad to just leave her to scream and do what i need to do? i would never leave her unsafe i just dont know what to do!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• my thoughts are probably not going to be popular but i will put them out there anyway lol. i have always been told that as long as she isnt hurting herself and too upset (to where she cant breathe kind of crying), then let her scream and cry. its not going to hurt her. again, this is just advice that i was given. my son has always been a "i will let you know when i need you-til then im fine" kind of baby since day one lol. gl
    Anonymous

• I'm sure I will be bashed for this but when my 8 year old son was a few months old he was the same way- it was impossible to do anything without him in my arms. So one (long, rough) day we just let him cry. Of course evrything he NEEDED was taken care of, but for the most part he didn't get all the attention he WANTED. He cried alot that day, but after that he was fine. It was hard to do, but it worked for us. And even though my son didn't get everything he wanted for 1 day he still turned out to be a loving, intelleigent, funny little boy!!
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with anon... Let her cry it out, then she will finally realize that she's not getting your attention and learn to occupy herself while you get something done. You're there, she's fine, the longer you let her get away with it the harder it's going to be to break her of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Put her in a walker then she can follow you around while you clean. Barney makes a great babysitter too. There is nothing wrong with using the tv to entertain your child as long as it is educational. As long as she's not hurt, let her cry.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• thank you ladies.....it really makes me feel better....thismorning i tried to just let her cry and all i could think was i am such a horrible mother! but i dont wan tto be neglectful i just want my nice cozy clean house back.
    Anonymous

• wait... are you sure you don't have my son??! lol.. my son is actually STILL like that and he had colic and whatever issues and cried all the time.. luckily we had a house so I didn't have to worry so much but you still HAVe to get things done,
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What I always did when I had a kid who demanded my attention is this, I would place them in a safe place and when they started to fuss I would wait a few minutes, talking to them the entire time, then I would pick them up give them a hug and place them right back, over the course of a week I stretched out the time. It does get better, I do not believe in just letting a baby cry, there should be some form of interaction.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2010