what formula do u think is best?

For fussy and gas babies that cry all the time?
NUMBER 1 ...http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//TRUS.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-6416287dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=3711365&totCount=0

OR 2

http://babymommablog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/enfamil-lipil.jpg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is all about what works best for YOUR baby. Some babies do great on formula X others do great on formula Y, some babies will do great on ANY formula, some babies will be miserable on any formula. I have heard of moms who planned on formula feeding who ended up relactating because baby was not tolerating any formulas. I hope you find what works for your baby!!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Ok formula feeding moms, get ready to boo and throw rotten tomatoes at me, but posts like this frustrate us breastfeeding moms. I'm not going to tell you formula is poison, because it's not, but seriously, if you have a gassy baby that is so miserable that they cry all of the time, why not just breastfeed for the well being of your baby. I know you ladies get your feathers all ruffled and say "they didn't ask abou BF, they asked about formula." Fine, if the baby takes formula and is thriving, but if your baby is not thriving on formula and is gassy and miserable, then please consider doing what's best and breastfeeding. Most moms can, yes even the ones that say they can't really honestly can. If you're interested in giving it a try, join the BFing group "I Make Milk" here on CafeMom and those ladies will answer all your questions and offer great support.
    Anonymous

• i have no idea, good luck. i like the lactating idea
    Anonymous

• Annon:39 I get what your saying but for some women BFing just isn't an option and if you haven't been doing it for awhile you can't just latch the baby on cuz there is nothing left for them. Not bashing or trying to start a fight with you just saying, it's not that easy for some of us. I for one had many things factoring for why i could not.

To the OP it honestly varies depending on the child you may have to try a few before you find one that will work. My son couldn't be on any soy formulas, nor could he have Similac or Good Start cause they had Safflower(sp?) oil in them and he is intolerant to it he did somewhat better on Enfamil Lipil & Enfamil GentleEase but we finally put him on Nutramigen ( a medical enfamil formula) and he has had no problems since. You may just need to be Patient and work it out with your PED. Hope you find one that works soon. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

• Similac sensitive helped my dd a lot with fussiness and gas... It says it right on the can! Every baby is different but that's what worked great for my dd!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't see specifics on your child. How old, how long he or she has been taking the formula. Mine is on Neosure and it took a little time for her to adjust to it. I would ask the pediatrician what he recommends.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I agree completely with Anon 5:39pm! If baby is pain why not give baby exactly what baby needs to eliminate that pain?

Anon 5:49pm It is misconceptions like that that causes a lot of babies to go without breastmilk. Baby does have the ability to latch on and nurse even when mom is "dry". Check out the SNS (supplemental nursing system) and how that works to help with relactation.

Anonymous