Allergy testing

My daughter has a couple of (known) food allergies, and I have some questions (which will be brought up at her doctor's appt. on Fri. as well, but would like some input in the meantime from anyone who's been through this): What all do they test for when doing allergy testing? Will it be pollen, dander, etc. in addition to food? Just foods she's already had a reaction to and maybe some common additional ones? And I know allergic reactions only occur after you've reached your threshold for a certain allergen, so will they be able to tell what she will be allergic to but hasn't reached her threshold level on yet, or only things she would have a reaction to now?

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 5:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• I had my son and soon there after we realized he was lactose interlorent ( couldnt have cow milk ) then soon after we had a allergy test done and it was just for food i later found out that there is a whole nother test done for other allergies such as pet dander, pollen, :) hope this helps ... :) good luck
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 5:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2010