15 year old pregnant by her half brother

Its true this family that lives near me happened. He is 22 and she was 15 when she got pregnant... no one knew right away(obviously except them) she didn't tell any one else about her pregnancy until she was 6 months(didnt even go to the doctor). And now everyone knows(i dont know the reason why they decided to tell every one) But anyway... now the girl doesn't even want her baby any more and probably giving him to his grandma... but i feel so sorry for the baby!! he is going to be messed up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• He needs to be arrested but as far as "messed up" the baby may be ok. Since the child is from a half brother it may not have all the problems as if she/he were from full blood siblings. The brother needs to be in prison for rape though.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• It's a sad situation when a young girl is taken advantage of by an adult who SHOULD know better, even worse when that person is related. I can't say what the best thing for the child is, but do believe that every life, regardless of its origins, is precious. This child has just as good a chance at a wonderful life as the next person, IF whomever raises the child, loves them unconditionally. My prayers are with them.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Disgusting. That nasty stuff happens more than ppl want to believe. I once had a drug addicted lover~don't want to say boyfriend because I would not want to go that far,but he told me his half sister,wh was 4 or 5 yrs older than he had had sex w/him. He was groose and a major regret in my life.
    Anonymous

• Yes, admckenzie, the brother needs to be arrested.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• About 5 or 6 years ago there was a similar situation here with a 14yo girl and her 21yo step-brother. She was 15 when he son was born and she is now 19 or 20. The step-brother went to prison.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if the brother needs to be arrested but the entire family needs counseling and the 15 yr old needs more supervision.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Did anyone call the police?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• IMO... that baby should be adopted out to a completely different family with a closed adoption... how screwed up will that babies life be with that past haunting him/her for ever and everyone knowing.

As for the family... good lord they have too many problems to even start

Anonymous

• My husbands mom was 15 when she got pregnant with him, with her 21 year old Step-Brother...
    Dh has never met his dad.
    He was so ashamed that he didnt tell me this until we had been together for almost 10 years.
    Anonymous

• What the hell is wrong with MEN? Tell me, why can't they control their penis? Maybe if we shot rapists in the head, the message would no longer be muddled.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2010