Best gifts for 2 year birthday?

I am getting my daughter a "violet" dog by vtech... Lots of people are asking me what things to get her... Any ideas of current toys/products for this age. I prefer learning toys. She is already getting her toddler bed and bedding for it...

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 5:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it just varies by the child and their development and what they are into. When my daughter turned 2 she was a Dora fanatic so she received ALOT of Dora stuff. I liked her Dora goodnight doll because she actually learned how to say Goodnight in spanish and she would tell me that every night.. "Buenas noches mommy" LOL it was cute
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Magna Doodle or something similar
    Anonymous

• I don't know. My daughter got a bunch of stuff for Christmas and barely plays with it. For her birthday, we're only going to get her a swing set with a slide----something I KNOW she'll play with. Plus when my niece comes over, they can play on it together. I'm not going to get a bunch of toys that she never plays with. It's so hard...we think something will be so great and they'll get so much use out of it and then.....all she wants to play with are tv remotes and my purse! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I hear ya bridget. We were going to get a swing set, but my husband wants to build one, a really nice big one... Hope that happens soon lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• "make-believe" toys. Toys that mimic adult behavior. Kitchens and play food. Shopping cart. Vacuum Cleaner. Baby dolls. Stroller. Etc. That's what stage of development a 2 yo is in.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 2:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010